Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Export single part from within assembly

kedde

Hi

How do I export a single part from within a assembly so Im sure it maintains position and orientation in the exported file.

The case is - I dont want to export "and cleanup" the whole BIG cadfile every time i have to refine or add a part.

I think sort of highlighting a part in the assembly and doing a "export selected".

br

kedde

First thing that comes to mind is a Simp Rep with only the one component (Exclude the assy, Include the component).

Not sure if intf_out_blanked_entities NO works, or not.

If you have created the part outside the assembly and assembled the part using planes, surfaces, etc:

1. Activate the part you want to export.

2. Create a coordicate system in this part at the same location as the "default" coordinate system in the top level assembly.

3. Open the part.

4. The coordinate system you just created should be there at the default location of the top-level assembly.

5. Select File, Save As, (Select file type you wish to export).

6. The Export GUI should open which allows you to select various options.

7. Under to option Coordinate system, click the arrow and select the new coordinate system or use the drop-down to select it via the menu.

8. Finish up by clicking ok.

(See attached JPG)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back