Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Explode View Offset Lines...

Jelston,

As a rule, I always create an exploded state in the model that I then put into a drawing. You have far mode control over what is happening that just inserting an exploded (default view) into the drawing

Kev

The exploded state was created in the drawing, as were the offset lines. I then put the exploded view into the drawing, but the offset lines did not come along for the ride.

Jelston,

Sorry mate I haven't looked at MCAD for a while. I'm confused by your last post. You say that you created the exploded view in the drawing and then you inserted the exploded view into the drawing. Which one is it? I think you mean that you created the exploded view in the model and then inserted it into the drawing. Cam you confirm this?

Kev

Oh yeah, my bad... what you said
smiley9.gif

Jel,

Couple of more questions...

1.How did you create the offset lines (ie between axes)

2. Are the offset lines hidden/suppressed in the model

3. Are they on a layer that is blanked in the drawind?

Kev

Neva mind, figured it out.

The offset lines in the view drop-down doesn't work (as with most stuff in this program). the offset lines in the view manager is the way to go.
Edited by: jelston

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back