Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Errors in Animation Interpolation

Aussie

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone else had anyproblems in animation when going from one view to the next. I am using Wildfire 2.0. It should be just a simple rotation from one view to the otherbut instead the model seems to jump around and zoom in and zoom out, I have no idea why. It eventually gets to the end point but with these interesting "detours" in between.

Thanks for your help!

Aussie.

Hi!

You could insert an "auxiliary" view between the two ones that seem to be critical. Foe example, if you see that between view1 and view2 the model jumps around, insert an intermediate view in between. If this solution does not work yet, you could use a servomotor to rotate the whole assembly, so that the motion will be more smooth.

Leonello.

I've encountered the jumping transition between views as well. Unfortunatly I haven't been able to find a cure for it. If you have something simple the servo motor idea that Leonello suggestedmight work.

The intermediate view would work sometimes and sometimes not, just like working without the extra view.

Man do I wish my company would spring for Maya...

Good luck.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, I have tried to insert some intermediate views but found that it jumps in between these as well. I have figured out when in the animation mode (not even running the animation) if I rotate the model, it seems to zoom in and out for no reason. I could try a servo motor for this but there are some other things I would like to do with the animation rather than just rotate.

I have also noticed that when running the animation, the views shown do not reflect the views in the timeline. I know this because after running the animation, the last view used remains on the screen. If I click on the timeline of the last view, the model moves to the correct position (meaning it did not finish on the right view, I think this has to do with the zooming in).

This is a fairly large assembly so I am not sure whether this has anything to do with the problem.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

For anyone who had this same problem I think I have found why. If your assembly (or any sub-assemblies) are position so they are not on the spin centre, the spin centre for the entire assembly will be offset from the model. In animation mode, it will rotate about the spin centre but keep the model in the centre of the screen.

In order to keep it in the centre of the screen it has to keep adjusting the view (zooming, panning) to give the effect of the model bouncing around the place.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back