Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

embedded browser with high resolution

roto

I run a higher resolution than the browser was most likely intended for and the text and icons are (much) too small to be useable. I've always just ignored it, as I prefer using other methods for opening files, etc. and refuse to use Internet Explorer.

It irritates me, though, that there is a tool here that I can't use if I want to. I'm kinda silly that way.
smiley2.gif

I found an old post with the same problem, but no solution. Any ideas?

Oh, yeah... I use WF3 M030 and WF2 M220

Hmm. I'm only at 1600 x 1200. I guess I assumed that this was the cause since it only became a problem when I made the resolution change. Perhaps I got some other setting screwed up. Any ideas where to look? I've tried to find a relating config option, but no luck.

Thanks for the response. I was beginning to think I was alone and SOL.

OK. I've had some free time and finally decided to just mess with everything I could think of until I either fixed it or rendered the system completely useless and have I.T. deal with it. It turns out that there is an Internet Explorer setting for text size.

view>text size> smallest/smaller/medium/larger/largest

Modifying that setting within an IE session will also change the Pro browser window.

I had complicated the problem by removing access to IE, as I had an issue with one of those fantastic Automatic Updates that installed IE 7 which in turn caused random general system failures. Found a backdoor into the program (you can't really remove it, try sometime,) made the change, and then had to reset everything back.

I guess I'm the fool for bucking the system.

Thanks for the help, though.

On most systems using Windows, hold CTRL& SCROLL MIDDLE MOUSE BUTTON will changeZOOM Level. That might work for you also.

roto said:
I guess I'm the fool for bucking the system.
You are not a fool. We run 14 seats of Pro/E in a completely "Windows-free" environment. We run Pro/E on Linux.

Prior to Linux, we had all kinds of problems with Windows Updates. We found the best solution is to disable it, then avoid using applications that are prone to security issues like Internet Explorer, Outlook and MS Office. Just using Internet Explorer on rare occasions (like inside Pro/E) seemed to almost eliminate problem.

There are some applications out there that help manage Internet Explorer settings, like screen resolutions. Most of them are free. You may be able to find some on Tucows or a similar site.

sjohnson said:
On most systems using Windows, hold CTRL& SCROLL MIDDLE MOUSE BUTTON will changeZOOM Level. That might work for you also.

That's true for a native session, but not within Pro. Thanks, though.

I would like nothing more than to go to a linux based system, but the admin here won't consider it, and I,T. says they would not provide support.
smiley19.gif

Oh well. Like most Windows users, I'm learing to how to cope with poor system stability.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back