Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Embedded 3D model viewer on company website

mgnt8

Anyone have any suggestions on what program to use for an embedded viewer on a website?
I know Autodesk 360 & GrabCAD have them but I'd rather not upload the model if at all possible

You can embed Creo View (by PTC ) via the "Creo View Toolkit". It can show the 2D / 3D models in a simplified format starting from a wide variety of native. The embedded creo view can also be manged by java script letting you make it responsive to the user actions on the web page.

Excellent, thank you Antonino. Have you tried it, and do you have any web pages you can share?

I tried asking PTC Cloud Services about it, thinking they might be involved with this. They basically told me to buzz off.

Unfortunately I cannot share the web pages. You can find some images on the PTC brochure but I can say our result is way batter than the picture you can find. It is a product configurator in which any selection updates the 3D view. The view itself can be enlarged into a full Creo view window.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back