Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dynamic time analysis

kiran1810

hallo all,

I am performing an analysis where a vertical bar with a torsionload(31N) is appliedat the centre and moves along a horizontal guide bars. I have to analyse the effects of the load when the vertical bar comes to rest. In this case, i thought to apply a load with a time function with 31N at 1sec and 0 at all other timing. my table for load function is like

0 0

0.9999 31

1 0

2 0

I am not sure if this is the correct type of load function. Please suggest me on this. further, when i apply this kind of load function, I am getting an acceleration values of around 80-90 times of accln due to gravity in the horizontal direction. the units in the plot are given in mm/sec2 and the values are very high. I am not able to interpret this high values.

please comment.

regards,

satya.

Edited by: kiran1810

Satya,

I'm not sure that a dynamic time is the correct type of analysis for the problem you describe. However, when you define a loading for a dynamic analysis Mechanica multiplies the normal static load by the values you have put in the table. So for your case the load applied = 31 (static) x 31 (from table) = 961 N. The table of values that you describe would give a saw-tooth wave. Is this what you intended? I always check the table values by reviewing to get a plot.

If your intention is to get the load 'moving' along the part, then you don't need a dynamic analysis, but it is somewhat more difficult to set-up. Let me know if this is what you want and I'll send a longer post.

Regards,

Rod Giles

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back