Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

dwg parameters carried to sheet 2?

tiaj

how do I get drawing params to automatically be filled in on sheet 2, 3 etc.? I just keep getting prompts. What a pain WF5 is. Everything seems to be more cumbersome :-/

thanks,
tj

Try pulling the parameters from the Part/Assembly instead of the Drawing. that way you only have to update the parameters in one place (Part or Assembly) and the changes will propagate elsewhere as needed.

I should have been more clear. I do have the params coming from the parts/ass'ys.

When I add a new sheet to a drawing is there a way for the format from the main (sheet 1) to automatically come with it and have all the info in it by default rather than having to do a sheet setup each time. I tried copy sheet but that just copies the views, tables, etc. I am guessing there is not. I think you could do this several versions ago.

thanks

Hi T

You can try creating a multi sheet template so those sheets are created at the inception of your drawing set. and then delete the sheets you dont need, easier to delete than to create new.

also try INSERT SHEET EDIT> COPY FROM OTHER DRAWING The other drawing being your original template WF 4

My drawing formats always auto fill the model parameters when I add additional sheets. But I'm not using WF5, only 2 & 4.

the multisheet format may have to be a work around for now :-/

Dr_gallup, yeah, I am pretty sure this worked in previous versions. If you can stay away from 5.0 I strongly recommend it! I really miss 4.0 :(

I have some new BOM table questions so please look for my new post! thanks :)

tj

it does, but when I had it set to YES I kept getting prompts in a side menu for strings, etc. I have some prompts that are just for the drawing (like eco info, date, etc.) and that is what it is prompting for so it is a pain to have to use this menu all the time. It's an extra step.

.View attachment 5088

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back