Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drilling peck cycle

PJ007B

Pro NC 4.0

I am building a mill post XYZC with Gpost.
I need to modify the K address to be Q on the
G73 line.

Thanks

Hi PJ,

Try this. Go into the OFG, open your post. Select File Formats and then MCD File. This will list all the letter codes that the post recognizes. There's a chart with Order, Description, ADDR, and Aliases columns. Pick the << button in the ADDR column beside an empty Description row(usually greyed out). YOu will get a pop-up dialog box call Register Settings. Click in the empty box beside "Address". Anothe smaller box opens with the alphabet displayed. Pick the letter "Q". Go down to the metric and inch areas and toggle the buttons to get the correct values on either side of the decimal point, usually nnn.nnn for metric and nnnn.nnnn for inch. Then select whether you want a decimal point output and leading or trailing zeros and whether the control requires the + sign. Pick OK.
Then drag the newly created box, might saw Extra some number, to the location of the order of output, probably after Z.
Then go Motion -> Cycles -> Cycle Motions tab and change the letter K for a Q in the Cycle Deep Address box.

Let me know. Send me an email at [email protected] and I can send screen shots if you're leary. I use a Fanuc control and need the letter Q output for peck depth also.

Jay.

Jcrook

Thank you thank you!!
That worked great.
smiley32.gif

I'm glad it worked. After re-reading my posting I'm going to have to slow down when typing. I noticed alot of typo's. Also my bad about the metric, usually it's 4.3 inch is 3.4.

Jay.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back