Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawings of family table parts...

barnam

Let me start with an explanation of a workflow I used at my last job... We designed lots of very similar parts for shock absorbers. A piston for example, could come in various sizes or have slightly different geometry and we'd design them all in one file using SolidWorks configurations (very similar to Pro E's family table). So in this one file we'd have like maybe six differnt "configurations" of pistons. So, when we'd have to create drawings, we'd detail the biggest one first (because then you knew when you did the smaller ones the dimensions would fit on the page), do all the tolerancing, annotations everything, and then do a "save as" for for each configuration. Then, we'd right click the drawing veiw- and choose the differnt configuration for that new drawing that we watned displayed,99% of all the annotations would update properly, and in 5 minsof cleaning up dimensionspacing we'd have a complete drawing, where the original could have taken many hours. Is there a waydo someting like thisin Pro E?

Thanks - BM

Hi!

In ProE it is nearly the same.

Create the first drawing. Then make a copy with save as. Important if you save the drawing with save as the model on the screen is not the copy. Do a click in the backround with the right mouse button and choose properties. In the menu manager you can choose drawing model. Now you can choose replace...

Hope that helps

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back