Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawings linked to assembly

dwmson

Good afternoon, My customer has required us to change a numbering format on one of thier projects. I went into the assembly and re-named the parts with thier new numbering system. Now when I call up the detail drawing the drawing views are blank. I tried to change the properties to linkthe drawing viewback to the part but the "drawing view propeties" dialog box has the config information greyed out and I can't change it. Any ideas on how to link the drawing back to the part so the drawing views show up?

CAUTION... Pending the size of the assembly file. I like to open all of the part and drawing files in addtion to the assembly drawing and assembly file. Then it's top down rename, but you must have the drawing open when renaming either the part or assembly file, otherwise the link is broken.

to get the link back. begin to open the drawing, click on references, point to the new named file, then open the drawing. this will reconnect the link. then you can rename the drawing and all will be good again.

s

good luck...
smiley32.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back