Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing View

mach-4

I suppose this should be really easy, but I can not get a view like the view A-A in the picture.

Thanks

Attachments

• VIEW A-A.JPG
    VIEW A-A.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 13
This is a little vague...
do you want to make section AA?
- or -
do you want to rotate section AA and move it to the position you have it shown?

I think what you are looking for is an auxiliary view - it is positioned in the place where your A-A arrows are and it's not necessarily a section view. I don't know where it is in Creo but in WF3 it's insert - drawing view - auxiliary view. Then you have to indicate an edge, axis, or datum plane that will dictate the front surface of the new view. Just drag the view to where you want it. You can create it as a general view but it's not as obvious which way is up as it is in the auxiliary view.

making some assumptions...

the left view is a general view; lets say projection from the top.
the right view is also an oriented general view, (one could also align the right view to the left horizontally)

I created a section view of the left view.
I modified the right view by applying the newly created section, adding the arrows to the left view.

I modified the text "section" of the view label to "view".
all done.

Michaelpaul,
the auxiliary view would be tilted at a 45 once projected.
true you can change the alignment but you can not change the "rotation"

Last edited:
per2fh - I did as you suggested and it worked. One of my problems was that I was trying to make a planar section view with a plane where I wanted the section, but when I used offset and used a sketch it worked out fine.

Thanks all.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back