Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

drawing view problems

alvin164

View attachment 4473Hi Hi guys,

Attached is my assembly drawing. In my layers, i have moving and fixed layers. What i would like to do is to be able to show MOVING SIDE only on the TOP VIEW and show FIXED SIDE only on the BOTTOM VIEW. How can i do that?
Now, if i do that, all the parts are gone, and since this is sheet #2, my assemble drawing in sheet 1 that contains top view, front and side view are gone (which ever side i HIDE, it's gone one both sheets)...am i making sense here?

thanks for the help

To set the layer status for individual views on the drawing, you have to click the pointer button above the layer tree and then select the view. This way the layer status of selected view will be independent of the drawing.

But, I have a question regarding MOVING SIDE. Wouldn't it be better to use mechanism snapshots to show the moving parts on the drawing?

Hi Alvin,

try this: View > Drawing Display > Component Display > Blank - pick the component ...

I hope that helps.

Regards Zdenek

Alvin,

You can create a "simplified report" in the 3d assembly that shows what you want to display. Then you can choose that report as the details for the specific 2d drawing view in the "properties" of the "view" itself, under the settings for "view states". You can set your "reports" by using the "view manager".

Search for these terms to get more information...

It appears you have a mold that you want to reveal the inner workings of?

cheers,

M

skraba said:
To set the layer status for individual views on the drawing, you have to click the pointer button above the layer tree and then select the view. This way the layer status of selected view will be independent of the drawing.

But, I have a question regarding MOVING SIDE. Wouldn't it be better to use mechanism snapshots to show the moving parts on the drawing?

Thanks for the tip my friend....yeah the moving side will be better to use mechanism snapshots (i personally just use snapshots in the view manager - isometric view). This regular bottom view is just an extra that customers requires back when i was working for them....

thanks again..

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back