Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing Hole Notes

TMPENG

Hi,

I've been living with this for a long time and I have to beleive there is a way to make it happen. I would like to show my hole notes, and I would like the arrow to attach to the edge of the hole, but point to the center of the hole.

If I create the hole in different ways, I get different results.

If I create the hole with the hole tool, and use the drag handles to locate my hole, when I place the hole note in the drawing, the hole note is placed on the edge of the hole, however it does not point to the center of the hole. In this case I end up re-attaching it, and it is still not perfect.

If I create the hole by first sketching a point, and then creating the hole on the point, when I place the hole note in the drawing, the hole not is place on the center of the hole. In this case, I once again re-attach the note and it is still not perfect. This is my preferred way of creating holes because I am usually creating a hole pattern on sketched points.

I have found that regardless of how I create the hole, there is a work around. I show the hole note, and then I copy the note from the properties box. Then I create an old fashion note, choose normal as the attachment type, and past the hole note text in my note. This works, it is a pain, and there has got to be a way for Creo to do some of these simple things better. Als, this method limits my ability to drag the note around.

It would be nice if it just worked, but I would settle if I could just edit the hole note attachement to be normal. It doesn't give me that option.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

What do you mean by "still not perfect". Can you post an image?

Instead of changing the hole note attachment in the drawing, edit the attachment in the model itself. In part mode, show "annotation", smart filter "annotation" and double click the hole note and change the attachment. See attached image.

Are you trying to get something like the note in the attached image.

Sorry i had to edit the image to reduce the size.

Attachments

• dfgvds.jpg
    dfgvds.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 10
That is interesting, but for some reason it didn't work for me. When I went to show the hole note annotation it looks like it comes in suppressed, so I can't actually see it. Also, it looks like my options to re-attach it a grayed out. I like your suggestion, but at the end of the day, I think it gets me the same result. Either way, I have to re-attach it, some place. I guess it would be better practice to do it in the model. Now I just have to figure out how to get that to work. Thank you.

The notes used to work this way and somewhere in Wildfire 3 or 4 they changed it and it's been very frustrating to me. I agree, there is always a work-around to get what you want but it doubles the work. Not sure why PTC wanted to take a step backwards. Just hasn't been critical enough for me to open a call on it and deal with it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back