Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing Errors

The drawing format that you are using goes off the saved views of your part to create the main view and the 2 projected views. You need to go into your model, orient your model towhat you consider the frontviewand savethe view calling itfront for this format to work.

krow72 said:
The drawing format that you are using goes off the saved views of your part to create the main view and the 2 projected views. You need to go into your model, orient your model towhat you consider the frontviewand savethe view calling itfront for this format to work.

Icreated that model inside assembly.
So i took references inside assembly from other parts..
How i can orient that part now ?

Notice that i can't draw that part as single part because i want to be exactly intersect with other componets, it must be on asembly mode :\

you need to open the part, go to view>orientation>reorient, pick a planer surface that would be your front, then pick a planer surface that would be the top. In the orientation window, click the saved views arrow, type the name front in the name box and save. You will have to do this for all the parts you made.

View attachment 5112
Edited by: krow72

Thanks Krow that was :))

still i don't take dimensions inside drawing because is surface :\

But the error solved with your help
thanks for your help and for your time :)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back