Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing BOM vs. Parameters vs. Intralink

JamesM

We're using Wildfire 3 with Intralink 3.4.

In our 4-person department, we all have different ways of adding/updating model and drawing parameters. Some enter directly into Pro/E parameters, some directly into Intralink (parameters are designated), and some change the drawing BOM. The third one is successful only part of the time - the changes are not always updated in the model or Intralink. The BOM table always appears to still have associativity. Is there a sequence that must be followed to ensure that drawing BOM changes update the part and Intralink data?

I am having this sameissre and have been working around it by adding parameter columnsto a model tree file and then modifying them there. This seems to be working for me but I agree modifying parameters in the drawing would be much easier if it would be associative like we expect it to be.

If the parameter "TITLE" exists in the model and there is a "&TITLE" value in a table cell of the format, then the format will show the value from the model. You need to look in the help for how to set up drawing formats.

We have successfully added parameters to both our drawing formats and a auto-populating BOM. The challenge we are having is the parameters, once modified in the drawing, are not updating the model parameter. I think it is coming from the fact the Pro doesn't see the model as "changed" when only the parameter is updated through a drawing table cell so when you save the drawing it doesn't save the model updates. I have tried to open the model first, and then go to itsdrawing to make the parameter edits, and then go back to the model to save it. Pro sometimes saves the model, other timesit states "the model was not saved because it hasn't changed." When I go into the model and change the parameter there, it sees the change and saves just fine. We are pulling information from each of our models into a BOM table and it is much easier to change the data there than having to open each model and go through all the menu picks to edit the parameter. Since my edits in the drawing BOM aren't always saving in my models I pull up my master assembly and have a model tree file that I usewhich adds the parameters I want to columns so I can edit themin my model tree in Pro rather than modifying them in the drawing. Prois then happy and saves the models. This is my work around for now until the associativity is fixed or I figure out why Pro is not seeing the edits of the drawing parameters "changing" the models.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back