Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Double Detail View Text

humvavlo

I have a detail view which I have moved to a second sheet. When I print the drawing or save a dxf file the "SEE DETAIL X" text on the first sheet appears 2x's, one on top of the other. But in the drawing there is only one instance. Is there a work around for this?

Thanks!

I did this some time ago and it's like this. You create the detail view on the first sheet then move it on the second. Now, if you print the drawing in this stage there will be 2 notes on the first sheet one on top of the other even if the drawing shows only one note.

But if you first go on the first sheet and move the note "see detail A" to another location the print will show only one note.

So you should change first the position for the note on the first sheet and then make the print or dxf.

This happened in my case, maybe it's the same in your's.

I forgot my fix for it hopefully I'll find it in my Pro/E notes. I've encountered this problem mainly with tolerances in drawing I'll try to find out if I created a Fix Instruction for my former boss at the company where I encountered double text problems. It might have been a Regen Draft or a show/erase fix.

Let me know if any of thoses work for you.

Michael

Thanks for the input, the problem has been solved but I am not sure how. I went back into the drawing and printed without doing anything to the "see detail" note. Guess what, no double text.... I have tried moving the notes in the past but the double text would just change locations. Maybe by reopening the drawing it regenerated and that solved the problem???

Or maybe it's like the dimensions when you change their attachement, they don't always show in the new position until you make a drawing update.

So you should do a view/update sheet. And the double text should be fixed.

Humvalo,

Following on from Vlad's comment, it was VIEW>-UPDATE SHEET>-CURRENTthat worked re the changing dimension attachment (as instructed by Vlad). Maybe that is what you should try here as well.

Kev

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back