Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

dome panel

jerryandre

I have a 18' dome that I need to draw 10 panels on the inside of it. Each panel is identical, so I only need to do one. The panel consists of a few moldings and relief areas and a hole for a light fixture. Any idea how I would do this? I have SW 2009 and have been using it for a few years now. But have never done anything like this before.

Thanks,

Jerry

Can't you just draw one of the panels,insert it on the dome and then use the liner pattern tool? Is the pattern of the 10 panels symetrical?

Yes, I only need to draw one panel. I can draw a blank panel curved to match an inside of a dome no problem. I can draw a detailed panel flat no problem. How do I draw a curved panel to match the inside of a dome with all the details ( moldings, reccessed area etc) on it. The panel will bascilly look like a six paneled door.

Jerry

Usually I am pretty good at talking about a problem until I can visualize it but it's not working with this. I can't visualize your problem, sorry.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back