Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Display Mesh

design-engine

in Pro/E you display the Mesh of a surface to display UV lines topographically across a surface. Where is the equivalent display options in SolidWorks.I can access the UV lines when creating the feature ... mesh preview. I want to display them outside of feature creation.
Edited by: design-engine

I typed this a few days back. but it didn't go through.

There is a way to display the UV mesh but it requires using a 3dSketch with the Face Curves command. The command when performed in a 3DSketch will create a number of splines along a selected surface or splines located at a specific U%V%. If command is performed outside of sketch then a number of separate splines are created as separate sketch features.

This is more complex than the simple Pro/E Saved Analysis because it creates a feature but it should work out okay for investigative purposes. It may also update with Instant 3D if you need live updates.

The command is not on the default toolbar but can be found in
Customize > Commands > Sketch

Tool_Face_Curves_Sketch.gif
Face Curves in SW Help
Face Curves 2011 help

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back