Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Display datum graphics default

mdemers

Hi,
Ever since I've been using Creo 2, I've had to check the "Display Datum Graphics" checkbox (in the axis properties dialog box, in drawing mode) so that my datum axes used as datum references show up in drawings. Isn't there an option that checks the checkbox by default? Couldn't find any.
Thanks.

Where is this axis properties dialog box? I can't find it.
I use Annotate>Show Model Annotations>and then select the leftmost tab, this will show all the axis, giving you the opportunity to choose which ones you want to show (or hide).

Hey,
I'm actually talking about the dialog box for changing an axis into a reference datum. So on any axis shown with the method you described, right-click and select properties. You'll see the axis properties dialog box, in which you can set the axis as a reference datum (see attached picture). But once you do that and "place" the datum "in dim" (which is the method taught by ASME-Y14.100), the checkbox automatically unchecks itself. Any way to change this default behavior?
Regards,
Mathieu

Attachments

• properties dialog box.jpg
    properties dialog box.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 25
I don't do it the way you do, so am unfamiliar with the intracasies of your method.
What is the "display datum graphics" supposed to do?

When I do this, I do it from within the drawing, not the model.

That check box is only selectable when you have selected to place the datum: In Dim, In Gtol or On Geometry. It is odd that you don't have all 3 options in the Display box.

Attachments

• datum.jpg
    datum.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 12
@dross
The dialog box I showed does appear in drawing mode, when you right-click an axis that you've shown with "show model annotations" (formerly show/erase), and you select "properties". Unchecked : the axis will disappear once you've placed the datum onto a dimension. Checked : the axis will be displayed.

@srieger
I do, actually. Look at my pic in my replied posted September 29th. But my question relates to "in dimension", although the behavior might (or not) be the same for "in GTOL" and "on geometry".

The image I'm looking at that you uploaded only has 2 buttons in the "Display" portion of the dialog box. One with the normal A and the other with the On surface type datum.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back