Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Direct Drawing Viewer?

fiebigc

Is there any viewer out there that can open a *.drw file directly? I'm tired of converting every drawing to a PDF so that non-engineers can view my drawings.

Thanks.

Well the ProductView Express needs some work. This could be a really useful program in the future.

1. In five minutes of testing it crashed twice.

2. When I open a drawing it acts like it opened the drawing but only displays a soft blue background.

3. Why won't the hidden parts stay hidden? (i.e. skeleton data - My program manager's brain can't comprehend the skeleton data.)

4. When I go to open a file, why do I have to go to the combo box in the bottom right hand corner to select ProE files to open?

5. When I open an assembly why do I have to double click the Model tree entry on the left for the model to be displayed?

6. Forget about trying to open a wiring diagram.

Any way those are my grievances. I'm sure there are more but this is all I could find in 5 minutes.

Also E-Drawings needs to be exported to. It's easier to export a drawing to PDF than to go through E-Drawings.

so no grievances for E drawing
smiley17.gif

I used E-Drawings a little while back. It's nice but best suited for the Solidworks folks. PTC just needs to get off of their butt and bring PV up to speed.

FWIW

Spinfire readerviews the PRO/E file. I don't remember why I don't use it much. I think there were some drawbacks.

Sip

I have used 2 programs in the past, one Myraid and the other is Autovue. Both have the ability to view the drawings/models without having Pro/E. We mainly used these programs to view hgl files made from the drawings. The programs also have redline capabilities so changengineers can continue to make their changes. These will soon be going away as we move to pdf viewables.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back