Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dimensioning PCD in WF4

ash1

Hi, I was wondering if somebody may be able to help me out with this.

I quite often have holes positioned on a PCD like is shown in the below image. However even though I can get the PCD to show up in the drawing via the show/hide function, I cannot select it in order to dimension it.

I usually just get roundthis by drawing a circle using the axis as a reference and simply changing the line style, though doing it this way means that dimension has to be created using the note function. This results in the PCD dimension not being parametric / linked to the model which is annoying when it comes to making changes.

Does anybody know how I select the PCD line displayed using the Show/Hide function?

View attachment 5015

Assuming you created the features as a radial or diameter pattern select View, Feature and View, or Part and View in the Show By area of the Show/Erase dialog box.
Edited by: kdem

Hi, yeah like I said I have no trouble getting the dotted PCD line to appear, using show/erase - just can't do anything with it!

For some reason I can never select it in order to dimension.

You could change to viewing the model tree from the layer tree, select the pattern with a right click and then select show dimensions by view. I have used this to get out of a few jams in the past where I could not get what I wanted. You can also manually make a cosmetic sketch and just get it over with if you're not satisfied with the results. I have done this also
smiley19.gif
. Time consuming, but it will get the job done.

Good luck.

Cpoirier, you're a star it worked!

Seems like a strange way to go about it, but I'm not complaining. Thanks!
smiley4.gif

ash1 said:
Hi, yeah like I said I have no trouble getting the dotted PCD line to appear, using show/erase - just can't do anything with it!

For some reason I can never select it in order to dimension.

For the method I was giving you you don't need to select the centerline for dimensioning because assuming you created a radial or diameter hole pattern you will be showing a model dimension. Here are a couple pics of what I'm talking about using the Show/Erase dialog box for dimensions:

View attachment 5016

View attachment 5017

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back