Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dimension to intersection

rob1wal

Hi

I have a few dimensions on a drawing where they are dimensioned to the intersection of a radius. Is there a way of showing this intersection point, because at the moment it looks like it is in thin air!!!

Cheers

Rob

Don't know that ProE has added that functionality yet.A work around is to extend your dimension witness lines and then Insert a Break in the witness lines.

<tg>

create a symbol of a point (draw 2 crossed lines as a + or an x), place it at intersection then relate it to the view (in case you move the view the symbol will go with it). Be sure to set attributes of symbol to variable drawing units so you can adjust its height as needed.

hope this helps!
tiaj

tiaj,

Good one !
smiley32.gif

yeah, anytime I get frustrated b/c Pro/E won't do something I make symbols. The trick is to always remember to relate the sym. to the view, note or dim or else it gets left behind after mving things around
smiley5.gif

Hi tiaj,

Please select those items which you want to move with view and from edit menu group it with the view or with the objects ( like given dimensions).

hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Shashi

telecomguy said:
Don't know that ProE has added that functionality yet. A work around is to extend your dimension witness lines and then Insert a Break in the witness lines.

<tg>
That's what I do, it works really well. Also for dimensions tapered shafts. With a couple of breaks you can have little cross hairs at the gage diameter on both sides. Always stays with the view & geometry as it changes.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back