Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

dimension slot from end to end

hellomoto

To create a slot, I sketched two parallel lines and semicircles at both ends. And the slot is inclined 30 deg from horizontal. I can define the slot width by dimensioning the center of the rounds and then putting a radius dimension at the ends. However, I don't want to to use that dimensioning scheme.

Instead, I want the dimension to be from the extreme ends of the slot. i.e. the distance between the semicircles, not the centers. When I try to do that, I only get two options, horizontal or vertical.

how do I create a slanted dimension? If the slot was horizontal or vertical, I can create the dimension. But the slot must be inclined.

Thx in advance

wildfire 3.0

Create a construction line perpendicular to the line that passes thro' the centers of the two semi-circles. Make that line to be tangent to either of the semi-circles. Now create a dimension from the construction line to the other semi-circle. (See attached pic.)

Edited by: anandel

Thanks guys. I was thinking about making a construction line, but thought there was a shortcut command or something in the menus. Thanks.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back