Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

dimension leader lines

kdietz

When I dimension a radius, the dimension displays at an angle. It used to have a leader line and display horizontally but someone else made some changes to my computer and I am not able to figure out how to set it back to where the leader lines come back.

Another thing is when I do a verticle dimension, the dimension displays vertically, again with no leaderline like I used to have.I want the dimension to be horizontal.

Does anyone know what I need to change?

that sounds whacked

either you have a bug or you might be the butt of a good joke dunno

i cant think of a config option that would do that

maybe upload a pic of some problem areas

If the dimensions are correct in an older drawing, try this:

open the older drawing.

right-click on the background of the drawing & select properties.

this brings up the drawing options - there is a save button, so save as something like drawing.dtl in a directory you can find easily.

open your new drawing

right-click on the background of the drawing & select properties

use the folder button to browse for your drawing.dtl file & apply the changes.

to ensure that new drawings (not usingdrawing templates) use these settings there is an option in the config.pro drawing_setup_file -> point it to your drawing.dtl file.

I believe the .dtl setting is:

text_orientation horizontal

This will have the (possibly undesireable) affect of turning ALL dimension text horizontal including vertical dimensions. I wish there were another way as I hate the look of horizontal text in vertical dimensions!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back