Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Digital Drawing Markups

cpodom

What techniques are people using to send drawing markups (redlines) around the world?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
We have the need to send parts and drawings to our other Engineering departments around the world for overnight work. How do other companies facilitate the transfer of data and instructions to modify parts and drawings?

Curtis

Exactly what you said. Create a markup. New / markup and will ask you for a drawing or part to which to create a markup. Then you can add all sorts of notes , lines... to the markup without modifying the drawing. (i use only markup for drawings, but I think it can be done for a parts too.) And I use Intralink to comunicate to the "outside world" the markups.

I would suggest you use Intalink or other management software because it less confusing.

Cpodom,

One very effective way I saw in a previous company was to use use Microsoft Imaging.

You are able to red-line and annotate easily, and with a few simple macros attach date stamps and red-line revision boxes.

The outputs were TIFF and relatively small file size

Kev

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back