Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

detail view of a copied geometry

jeo_z

Hi,

I am new to this site and want to ask something that I am currently working on.

A part is being copied using the copy geometry feature then I have to create a drawing of it. My problem is when Icreated a detail view of a feature, I could not pick the lines of the feature to have it dimensioned.

A response would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

jeo

Why would you want to create a drawing of a copy geometry feature?

This type of feature is for using in modelling of a new part as a reference. It's not really meant to be used in a drawing.

This is to be used for manufacturing. One feature to dimension is a countersink hole. I can't pick the lines to give it an angular dimension.

Thanks,

I'm not really sure what exactly you're trying to do but normally you would have the feature in the model (which you are trying to manufacture) and create dimensions from that. Copy Geometry are not really intelligent geometry and don't react the same.

I suggest creating the feature in the part and making the part as manufactured. All features will then be able to be dimensioned.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back