Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Designing/Modifying in Windchill?

donha

Life used to be simple without Windchill. Windchill seems to limit or change how I design/modify components. I want to re-design multiple components to do what-if's. I do not want to check the components out. Do I have to copy the components to new names in order to modify them? Can I work offline and modify the existing components without Windchill interference? I am just searching for the best solution to this issue. Actually there should be a "leave me alone" option for files or workspaces within Windchill. Perhaps there is and I just do not know how to go about it? Thanks in advance :)

You can work on parts without checking them out. If you try to make changes to a part that is checked in it will ask you if you want to check the part out. There is a little drop down menu next to check out now. If you hit continue you can modify the part and save it to your workspace. If you don't like the changes you can just download the checked in model and overwrite the modified model in the workspace. If you want to save the changes you can do a checkout re-use (at least in 9.0 this is how I did it, haven't done it in 9.1).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back