Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

deleting object

SKYBLUE

Is there a way of deleting a entity from an object in a drawing but not from the model. I've created a helical sweep on a model but I don't want it in the dwg.

SKYBLUE said:
Is there a way of deleting a entity from an object in a drawing but not from the model. I've created a helical sweep on a model but I don't want it in the dwg.

in 2001 you can do Drawing>Views>Disp Mode>Edge Disp>Erase Line. just a thought

Hello,
in Proe/wildfire 2 insert/drawing display/component display and now show on helical sweep. Component deleting from drawing.
bye

I'm assuming this is a part model. WF2 does not have simplified reps for parts. You can erase lines but this could be cumbersome and still not give you the correct display. So the best way is to make a family table instance without the helical sweep. Open your part and pick tools/family table. In the dialog box select features (dimensions is the default) and pick your helical sweep. This will add a column to the family table. Now add a row, name the instance to whatever you want and change the value for the helical sweep to N (no). Open the instance and you will see your part without the helical sweep.

Go back to your drawing and RMB properties/models and change your model to the instance without the helical sweep. This will change all your drawing views. If you want some views with the helical sweep and some without then you need to add the model and create additional views.

there are simp reps for parts in WF2 but you can use them only in a assembly drawing.You could use simp reps if this is a assembly drawing. But the family table idea is better.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back