Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Default Coordinate system - can not view

Reetu

Hi,
I am a beginner to Proe wildfire 4.0. I had recently installed this software on my computer. I wanted to generate some solid parts to get familiarize with the program but I can not do it. The default coordinate system is not viewed on the model display screen and when i tried to sketch something, it gives me the following message.

When constraint is displayed: Right click to disable it. Press Shift + right click to lock it. Use Tab key to toggle active constraint.

How do I get the default coordinate system (x,y,z axis, front, top ,right planes)

Also would like to know if it is part of the installation settings or should I do anything to get this viewed on the model display screen.

I was trying to just generate a solid part with using extrusion feature. I first clicked on the sketch icon and picked the front plane to sketch. Then I click on the rectangle to draw but gets this message again. Please explain the procedure if I am doing anything wrong.

When you click to start a new file, select "Part" instead of "Sketch". It will start with the default coordinate system and planes. Then you can either make a sketch on a plane first to use in your extrusion, or you can select the extrusion feature first, and create a sketch within thefeature to extrude. I'd recommend the second method.

Also, the help files are useful when just starting out. They'll explain the basics of creatingeach feature.

Hi CRang72..I always open a new file by selecting part, solid and give it a name and then I dont see any default coordination system. Is this a problem with the software that i installed or are there any settings where I can fix this.

After selecting the part, solid. I click on the sketch and then try to make a rectangle and extrude and I am not able to draw a rectangle. what could the reason be? I would really appreciate if you can help me on this.

HI MVP,
How do I fix this problem. Is it nothing to do with the coordinate system not being able to be viewed?

Not being there :) and not knowing which rev.. your on

if your model tree looks like this ;

youhave a empty part; solution is to add datums & csys when you make your intial start on the part pick the template ....inlbs_part_solid..or mm's

otherwise pick ..on the sidebar make picks;

hth

Hi MVP,
Thanks for your response but my model tree shows datum planes and coordinate system. I can not view them on the display screen. It is definitely not an empty part.

When I open the proe wildfire 4.0, I click on new, part, solid, accept the default name. I wanted to draw a simple rectangle and extrude it, so I click on sketch icon and accept front plane to sketch on. Then I click on the rectangle icon and I can not draw anything as I keep getting an error.
I would appreciate any help to fix this issue.

FYI THAT IS NOT AN ERROR MSG...IT IS JUST AN INFORMATION MSG.

DRAW THE RECTANGLE WITH DESIRED DIMENSIONS AND SAVE THE SKETCH.

AFTER SAVING YOUR SKETCH...YOU CAN USE THE SAMESKECTHFOR EXTRUDE OPERATION.

Edited by: raghu_reddy2

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back