Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

cut extrude to conical revolved surface

Triple-Ess

Hi everybody!
How can I cut extrude to a conical revoved surface to make a screw head like in the image below. I successfully cut extrude to an axtruded surface (for experiment) but failed for revolved surface. Please help.

2009-01-24_132132_Extrude_to_rev.surface.JPG

Just make straight hex extrude, then revolve a surface at the bottom, and fill in behind it.

"Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth", Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of God.

Thank you sip
The problem is solved, i also did it another way. But just for learning why it donsent extrude to a revolved surface. Suppose i want to model a tyre and want to make extruded cuts to make ribs on tyre (I donot know if ribs for tyre is proper word. sorry). i will revolve a surface inside the outer surface of tyre and cut extrude to surface. How to do this. Thanks.

It's hard to figure out how you're screwing it up without
the file to examine, but I'll guess that you're selecting
one surface of the revolution rather than the quilt.

sip said:
Just make straight hex extrude, then revolve a surface at the bottom, and fill in behind it.

you could also revolve a surface first and then extrude the hex up to that surface. this reduces the feature tree by one yet still gets you to the same result.

I didn't try it but it should work.
smiley5.gif

Micheal I did the same but the problem was what Jeff described and now I am successful. Thanks to all for suggestions.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back