Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

custimizing intent manager

sander

Is there a way to customize the intent manager ?
for example : I would like the intentmanager to only "snap" to endpoints and the horizontal constraint....(like in autocad you can choose the snapping of your lines)

Many times i lose more time deleting and redefining constraints the intentmanager has automatically chosen than defining it from the start.....
Disabling the intentmanager is no option to my opinion. It throws you back to the middle ages...

Sander.

skamps

sketcher_parallel_skamps no
sketcher_perpendicular_skamps no

sketcher_lineup_hor_skamps YES
sketcher_lineup_ver_skamps YES
Edited by: wsylvester

thank you wsylvester
smiley32.gif

here's the long version Sanjeev
smiley2.gif

Search Query: skamps
Search Results: 12

sketcher_midpoint_skamps
sketcher_midpoint_skamps yes

Take my cellphone for example.I type in the name of my daughter a lot into SMS.My current cellphone does not recognize the name and it takes me an extra 8+ seconds to specially type out her name. In my Motorola SMS phone the name, simply from using it once or twice has a recognition function that suggests the name once I start the first few letters.

In Pro/ENGINEER I utilize underlying curve geometry when I create surface geometry.You have to see 'clay bake challenge' on youtube to understand what I am talking about here.I place a square curve down as one feature. The next feature adheres to that first feature. The next feature uses edge on the next. I use handles in sketcher that Pro/E consistently dimensions in correctly.I would like to train her to dimension differently that's all.

That would be next generation intent manaager.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back