Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cross-Hairs in Circle

paulgress

I've been using Pro-E for a number of years and always used the "break" or sketched a datum curve to represent cross hairs in circles. There's got to be a better way that I can't see. Anyone?

There is:

Go to 'View' - 'Show and Erase' and select the axis. It's a dash dot line with A.1 at the end of it. Select the appropiate one in the 'Show By' area in the window then select the view in your drawing.
smiley4.gif

An axis is not an annotation, it is a feature. In your drawing go to the view pulldown menu and pick "show and erase" and this box will appear.

View attachment 4636

pick the axis button then select the show by method you want and with preview. You then can choose which axis youwant to keep.

Krow72
Edited by: krow72

OK, figured it out.

Click on the Annotate Tab
Click on "Show Model Annotations"
In the "Show Model Annotations" box, click on the icon to the far right, the datum icon.
now click on a hole, the crosshairs will appear.

Not very intuitive, having to click on datums to show axis crosshairs.

It is not so anti-intuitive because axis are datums, even if they come from an hole or extrusion...

Paolo

I see your point. But I still think that "Datums" are Datums that I create or the standard 3 Planes. A hole axis to me is not a Datum until I designate it so.

What I can't figure is why this isn't a config.pro option, I would like to have crosshairs permanently and RMB it off when I don't require it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back