Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo1 or Creo2?

krow72

I am currently running WF4 and my boss wants us all to upgrade. His idea has always been not to update until it is at least 6 months into that version so all the bugs are cleared. I have been reading some posts about problems with Creo2. Is everyone seeing a lot of bugs with this?

My question is should we move to Creo1 or Creo2? Please give me your personal opinions?

PTC has already taken Creo 1 off support so the last build
of Creo 1 has been made. I'd say you need to look at Creo
2. It's quite stable in my experience and it's been out
since March. Make sure you get M030, it solves the biggest
show stopper in my view, the inability to edit specific
config files.

Creo2 M030 is available to order on DVD now, I ordered mine yesterday. I have high hopes it will be usable. If it is that will be our upgrade from WF4.

Creo is too short on the market to call it "mature" version. Anyway If were you I would jump into Creo 2.0.

To me Creo is something like first WF and Creo 2.0 is WF 2.0.

Thanks for the input guys. I think we are leaning toward Creo2. I will make sure we install the latest version (M030).

It might take me that long to learn where they moved all my commands.
smiley36.gif

Well, all guys mastered on WF serie, would likely eat thair own teeth, while facing with Creo Ribbon menu.

But, what the hell, I did it, I am alive, and I can say it was worth it
smiley1.gif

I have Creo 2 M030 installed and it still has issues. You may be better off installing Creo 2 M010. If you use Windchill, be warned there are a lot of problems with Creo 2 and publishing on a server. Still working on it and have been since M010.

I'd say Wildfire 5.zero it's pretty stable and your Engineers won't be likely to hurt their heads from banging them on desks.

smiley7.gif

Given <a name="196476"></a>
muadib3d's comments on Page #1

You should definitely install Creo 2 somewhere so people can get upto speed with interface changes. Or just wait till the release of latest greatest CreO 2 but any interface changes will likely cause someone to meltdown. Just remember when you had to switch off ProE 2001 for Wildfire you probably had nightmares for a few weeks.
smiley36.gif

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back