Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

creo search_path part retrieval

Prabhu1974

Hi,

I was working in pro e WF5 and could able to call customized config.pro (search_path) during every startup thro, mapkeys. Everything worked fine..

But Its not working in Creo 2.0. I edited the config.pro by setting the search_path to multiple folders where my different part lie. When I start the pro e creo and call the cusomised config.pro i could not able to see any of the search_path which i set on each startup. I have to locate the directories ebvery time where my parts lie. The procedure I did to save the config.pro is - In Creo parametric option I located various path in search_path and saved by clicking the export configuration, am I correct????. Kindly help. Thanks in advance

Is your config.pro located in your startup directory? if not then you will have to manually load it every time you start pro-e.

There are a couple of ways to load a search path for individual models. I like having separate icons for each project. Have your main config.pro in your WF5 load point directory in the text folder. Then place another in your working directory with just the search paths you need for that project. You can have as many as you want. You can then copy your Pro E icon and change the start in directory to the model directory you are working with. Name each for the project and you will be able to choose your project, set working directory, and load your search paths all in one click with no map key required.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back