Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo projected curve and body trimming

CADIFY

Hello everyone!
I have been using NX but i am new to Creo,precisely Creo 2.
I am having a problem extruding the closed curve which is projected on the datum plane.Can this be done?
Another thing, can we trim body using intercepted surface like in NX?

pick the curve to highlight, then click the extrude button in the ribbon. For the intercepted part/surface, pick the surface, click Solidify (in the editing menu under the model tab) and change from the solid icon to the remove icon. A picture may help us better answer your questions. Hope this helps.

Hello everyone!
I have been using NX but i am new to Creo,precisely Creo 2.
I am having a problem extruding the closed curve which is projected on the datum plane.Can this be done?

Sketches can be extruded, as krow72 described, however projected curves cannot, even if they are planar. To extrude them, create a new sketch on the plane the curves are projected on and use the "Project" tool (it used to be called "Use Edge") to convert them to sketch entities that you can then extrude.

Thank you Krow72 and dgs.solidify worked.i will try this project tool though and let you know.I guess it will work.

Cheers.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back