Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo & GD&T (ISO GPS)

Dcentral

Hi Folks,

Is anyone aware of a good user guideline for working with geometric tolerances in Proe/Creo?

I have completed a course in GD&T and I believe I have a handle on the theory.
I also where the Geometric tolerance dialogue box is in Creo and how to add most of the tolerances.

Where I am falling down is the best practices for working with the these Geom Tols.
For instance, how do I best create a datum reference through a feature of size? (Hole, shaft, extruded cut etc)
We work using a top down design technique so often the actual cut feature is not at part level but copied in as a surface.. I think this may complicate things.

Also then when in the drawing mode, Im having trouble displaying the datum tags in more than one view.. though this may actually be intentionally forcing to comply with the standard.

anyway.. if people have come across any presentations or guidelines that detail a good way of working with GD&T in the Proe environment, I would be very appreciative.

thanks
Dave

I kind of created this thread twice.. I didn't see it pop up the first time without realising a moderator had to approve it so I went and created it again in another thread.
We could delete this one ....if there was only some way

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back