Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

creating corner point on fillet for dim.

I have had this same issue and am seeking a solution.

Though in my case, I am usually looking to show the centre. How can you show the "crosshairs" for the centre point?

Edited by: snufflufikist

Sketch>Sketcher Preferences... Check Mark in Parametric sketching and Chain sketching.

Sketch>Line... in Snapping References select edges, witchneed to be elongated, as references> Sketch lines.

To show the centre: If surface has centre, axis can be created. Create axis in model and show it in drawing.

..looks like a long way...there should be some functionality during dim. creation for this!!!

By the way thanks Contour..

Hello,
two options:
First: In part you can create an axis in the intersection
of the two surfaces,then in the drawing show/erase axis.
second: chose intersection option to place one of the points of the
dimention.View attachment 5200

Also note when you create this dimension using intersection, you can go to the display tab in theproperties of that dimension and check "enable intersection witness lines". Thiswill show where the intersection is derived from.

This is very interesting, Timmy. Unfortunately I can not find "display tab in theproperties of that dimension". Where is it?

i am also on WF 4
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif

BTW its nice that they added it in creo..!!
Thanks all..
smiley1.gif

Just curious, how do you plan on measuring a non-existant corner?

Suggestion: Locate the hole and then locate the angled surface from the hole, normal to the surface,to include the angular dimension.

Roger said:
Just curious, how do you plan on measuring a non-existant corner?

There are lots of things dimensioned and measured to nonexistent sharp corners. You measure it just like you draw it by projecting straight lines and finding their intersection. This is frequently done on an optical comparator. Not saying it's the best way to do something, but it is done in industry all the time.

for Core 2.0 also need to change 'witness_line_offset' valve to small one, the shown corner = length of the intersection witness line -witness line offset. more detail. plese check Creo Help 'About Displaying intersection witness lines'

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back