Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Corner Tangency Surface Problem

Ghost_World

Hi everyone!

I'm modeling a housing for a telecomunicacion device using limit blending surfaces between two sketches, but in the corners i have a tangency problem. I constrained it to tangency and I tried many ways to succed in making a smooth corner surface... but i havn't achived it. I believe it must be an easy surface problem but I'm not used to work with surfaces on proengineer. Can somebody help me?

I attached the prt.(i'm using Wildfire 5).

Thank you!

2011-03-14_035604_corner_tangency_surface_problem.prt.rar

I would change the radii in the corners and, if possible, not use normal constraint to yz-plane all around. This is probably something you have to play around with to get it perfect. I don't have the time to do it now I'm afraid.

Another tip: Draw half and then mirror the part, you save a lot of time.

I've done some radii changes and also changed the angle towards the yz-plane to 80 degrees instead of normal.
2011-03-14_073604_corner_tangency_surface_problem.prt.zip

Hi rmatija,

Thank for your taking a look but i think you have'nt solved it, there's not a smooth transition on the edges of the corners.

To get the surface quality you desire you may need to use style
features. From what I've seen from the tutorials and others work the
boundary condition you probably want is curvature continuity or G2.
What you currently have if I'm not mistaken is G1. The other thing I've
read about the different surface types is surfaces created as revovles,
boundary blends, etc. can only be G2 in one direction. Style surfaces
can be G2 in both directions.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back