Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Converting neutral file

empgoalie

I have a few parts I'm trying to convert to .stl files. The parts are saved as Pro/E .prt files, but the geometry is one neutral feature. I'm unable to convert the neutral geometry into .stp format. Any suggestions? I'm trying to get some rapid prototypes made ASAP!

First off, is it a solid or surfaces? If there is a hole in the part, it might be a little difficult to make an stl or stp out of it. Run a mass props on it to see if there is any volume or mass, that is one easy way to see if it is solid. Another is wireframe mode and if every thing is purple or pink then you have a surface model with gaps.

The part is a solid. I've converted a lot of files to an stl for our sls machine, but never had a neutral file which is what seems to be causing the problems.

DTM Sinterstation. I tried increasing the chord height and also decreasing the accuracy without success. It seams to have trouble with certain small areas of the geometry. I'd rather not remodel the part, its a rather complex control housing.

Info > Geometry Checks. Fix em.

Try repairing and/or modifying in import data doctor (Edit Definition). What version of Pro/E are you on?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back