Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

convert Pro/E part files to parasolid

rudresh.hm

Hi All,

I have some 700-800 Pro/E part files to be converted to parasolid files. can we convert them in batches? I am looking for a method that may save my time.

Any suggestion is apreciated.

thanks in advance.

-Rudresh

hi Tommypurple,

I actually dont know exactly why, but there is a requirement to do that. I also asked if other neutral files can help us. we are very much particular with parasolid files only.

thnx

-Rudresh

We haven't had a high level of success using parasolids. If the end user is going to be Solidworks, they can import the Pro/ENGINEER files.

You can use the Pro/batch utility to export out the files types you require.

thanks guys,

I have worked out to convert the entire batch of 800 parts. it works really well in Pro/E. everything happened in one go.

I got the study material from my friend. It took me one full day to learn. If someone is interested I will post the document,provided it is not proprietory material of PTC, only to be used by the PTC customers.

Dear all,

I have a related question.

Can you save a part in another extention with all the parametric values?

So if you open it in an other 3D Cad program, you have all the extrusions, chamfers, rounds, ...

So you can change the values of an extrusion or a round in the orther 3D program.

For example:

Can you save a partyou could open in Unigraphics and have all the features you have in Pro E?

Miguel

vercoutter@duco

That is a very popular question. I don't believe there is any type of cad that will do that...

I have seen that Solid Edge can open native Pro E files, but they are not smart models.

One other thing I know is that Pro E doesn't have a format save to open in another Cad to get a smart model. If there is such a thing it is done completely on the receiving end of the translation. Which means there is no way of knowing how the model was dimensioned during construction so by creating a smart model on the other side would be impossible to give the same model tree structure. It could be close, but not the same.

Rudresh.hm

Would it be possible to post the doucment you mentioned.

We are selling a product rangeon to a sister company and all the models and drawings we have on all parts of the products needs to be converted from Pro E to Parasolid. Not quite as many as 800 files but not far off and muggins here has been volunteered to do the donkey work!

Thanks!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back