Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Contact Analysis w/ Large Deformation

rcg137

I am designing a curved flat spring which I would like to have rolling contact with the mating part in order to spread the stress out. To do this I would need to do analysis with Contacts and Large Deformation which Mechanica can't handle. Does anybody have any advice on how to best simulate this, or does any other FEA package handle this

Thanks in Advance

Ryan

even similar short of flat spring bending analysis i tried with mechanica. the first problem is contact surface selection and thte results are depart from actuals a lot.

finally we completed the same with ANSYS package..

You can perform contact analysis with large deformation with MSC.Marc or Abaqus. Marc is really good with contact and easy to work with once you get familiar with the interface.

Thanks for the input.I was able to prove design using a large deformation analysis in Mechanica that would be a much worse scenario then if it would have the contacts present. Hopefully in future versions Mechanica will be able to handle this type of analysis

Could you please help me to perform analysis on assymbly for a disk
of material A supported on 3 ball of material B and a force applied
using fourth ball on the top. what constrains should I use and how to
apply the force. I am looking for the stress field and contact area
using mechanica
Thanks

You could model the spring in the assembly using the 2 surfaces as reference. Then just change the constraint to see the spring update in its different scenes.

gary

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back