Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Config.win grows exponentially

donha

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Because of this issue, I have to recreate the config.win from scratch each time it grows. Eventually it grows so large, Wildfire will not load. The below example is was created by removing a menu item from the config.win. "Config.win.10" was created by the checkmark option to save settings. The "Config.win.11" is the result of exiting Wildfire and having to say yes to save because there were changes pending. Config.win.10 is exactly the same menu as Config.win.9. I removed items from the menu, not added? This config.win growing issue has existed since 2001. Perhaps it is me and I am doing something wrong?

View attachment 2300

What release/build are you on? The way I avoid this behavior is to start ProE without config.win, open the config.win from within ProE and save the resulting changes you made.
Once I started to be very prudent while changing the config.win, I succeeded to keep it small.

We had just the reverse happen to us. ours kept getting smaller with every save. come to find out it was only saving the current changes that we made, not the previous ones. We ended up deleting our local & load point config.win then starting pro/e making our changes and saving it back to our load point dir before it would save the whole file. We also had to have a drawing, a part, and a assembly open in the same session before we made changes to our menus or it didn't save the other sections (i.e. a part menu change would over right previous drawing menu changes).

Sweeks

WF2.0 M180. This has been issue ever since I can remember. I am going to rebuild from scratch, takes about an hour. Hopefully, I will not miss anything. I will try to have a drawing/part/assy windows open. This may be part of my issue.
Yes, I have forgotten to change the dir where it saves and ended up with a small config.win in another dir :)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back