Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Config.pro

nitinpatil said:
check the path on which you have saved your Config.pro.

It should be in your start in directory.

The config is in C:\PTC\start\config.pro. I dont know if my .scl file should be in the same folder as the config cuz its in K:\ptc\syscol.scl, any idea?
Edited by: C.Andersson

To find out your start in directory right click on Pro-E icon on your desktop & go to the properties.

In properties dialog box check wheather start in directory is C:\PTC\start\config.pro.

I think itshould be "C:\PTC\Wildfire 2.0\strartup" & not "C:\PTC\start\"

If it is like this then copy your config.pro to "C:\PTC\Wildfire 2.0\strartup" & run program, it should work now.

Actually, as long as you've specified the full path to the *.scl file (including the filename), you can put it anywhere you want.

And your startup folder can be whatever you want as well.

nitinpatil said:
To find out your start in directory right click on Pro-E icon on your desktop & go to the properties.

In properties dialog box check wheather start in directory is C:\PTC\start\config.pro.

I think itshould be "C:\PTC\Wildfire 2.0\strartup" & not "C:\PTC\start\"

If it is like this then copy your config.pro to "C:\PTC\Wildfire 2.0\strartup" & run program, it should work now.

But i know its the right config because when i change in ProE changing the system_color_files to K:\ptc\config the config.pro file changes in C:\PTC\config.pro so there must be some connection. But as soon as i restart the program its back on normal again :(

Are you putting in the full path to the *.scl file, including the file name? In other words:
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

system_color_fileK:\ptc\config\syscol.scl</BLOCKQUOTE>

not just:
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

system_color_file K:\ptc\config</BLOCKQUOTE>
You are pointing to an actual file, not to a directory of files. Also, the config option is 'system_color_file' not 'system_color_files'.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back