Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Config Changes- Impact on practice

Sudharshan123

Hello frds,

Due to some requirement, I want to change the value of config.pro for the line Save_objects from Changed to Changed_and_specified/all. I would like to understand what impact this is going to create with this change, How the users get affected with this change. Appriciate the quick response.

Similarly there will be change in value let_proe_rename_pdm_objects from No to Yes. What Impact this will create after the change.

Explanations with some examples for clarity in understaning is appriciated.

Thanks,

SM

Option let_proe_rename_pdm_objects set to yes only affects possibility of renaming objects (assemblies, parts, drawings, etc.) which were created in PDM system. Namely, PDM locks the name of the object and if let_proe_rename_pdm_objects is set to no (default) in standalone session of ProE you won't be able to rename any object created in PDM.

Thanks a lot Skraba.

Similarly am looking for the meaning of the following values for the config options. Appriciate if you can help me in this.

save_instance_accelerator
None

retrieve_instance_dependencies
instance_and_generic_deps

sel_insts_on_comp_retrieval
No

enable_tree_indep
Yes

remember_replaced_components
No

Thanks,

SM

What will be the impact on the practice if

1.Config value of Save_objects is changed from Changed to Changed_and_specified and

2.Save_objects is changed from Changed to All

Thanks,

SM

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back