Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

composite material (carbonfibre laminate)

m_collner

Is there any way to make mecanica analyse a material that have differentstrenght and E-modulus intwo directions?

I would like to analyse a solid 2mm carbonfibre/epoxy composite, eventualy used for a hard shell carrying case.

I also want to ask were to buy this sort of .mat-files, or if I can edit these I have?

Thanks,

/M

Mechanica has a very comprehensive laminate shell analysis capability. The restriction is that its only applicable to shells defined as surfaces, not solids which have been shell-paired. Apply a shell property to a surface and you will get the option to uselaminate properties. Select this and you will then go into the laminate pre-processor where you create the lay-up. I hope you know what your properties are! When you are looking at the results you can view results on a ply by ply basis. There's lots more to it, look at the help files in Mechanica (Use Help| What's This and select the shell icon on the RH toolbar).

Regards,

Rod

Looks good!

Thanks for helping.

smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back