Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Component Operations > Cut Out

sallyhoo84

Does anyone know why the Edit > Component Operations > Cut Out option in assembly mode of Wildfire 2.0 would be grayed out? I tried using this with two interfering parts in my assembly and the option is not allowed. Since that didn't work, I made a test assembly with only two parts that clearly interfere and still got the same problem.

Am I doing something incorrect with this method? Is there a way for my company to have blocked that option in the configuration settings?

I believe you need a license for AAX (Advanced Assembly Extension). Check under Help>Techical Support Info to see which modules are configured. I think Pro/Assembly is the option you need to look for.

I'm not too sure how to solve your problem, but I am sure that you do not need advanced assembly to use the Component Operations>Cut Out feature. We use it all the time and we do not have advanced assembly. Maybe there is something wrong with your license file or a glitch in the version of Pro/E you are using. We are on Wildfire 3.0 M030.

It may have changed in WF3 and later but in WF2 in the documentation it lists the cutout feature under the data sharing features as being part of AAX. In the help for WF2 there is a separate section for AAX.

Check how you have these config.pro options set:

ALLOW_REF_SCOPE_CHANGE YES
DEFAULT_EXT_REF_SCOPE ALL
DEFAULT_OBJECT_SCOPE_SETTING ALL
DEFAULT_OBJECT_INVALID_REFS COPY
IGNORE_ALL_REF_SCOPE_SETTINGS YES
MODEL_ALLOW_REF_SCOPE_CHANGE YES
SCOPE_INVALID_REFS COPY

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back