Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

CoG on an assembly drawing

prohammy

All,

I have a drawing question (from my team leader) that I am not sure which direction to take. Any help/advice will be appreciated.

I have a top level drawing of the machine that this company makes. My leader wants to put the CoG of the machine on the assembly drawing (and dimension it, for customer/lifting information purposes). My problem starts,when I look at the machine (roughly 20,000 piece parts), the overall weight calcs from ProE are out by 50% (turns out my predecessors never bothered with material properties and weights, they were all new users) thus making ProE's CoG calc useless. The company have a position that they have 'found' for the CoG and this is what they want attached to the drawing. I tried inserting a drawing symbol for the CoG, but was unable to dimension to it.

What else can I do????

Cheers

Kev

PS The other option I have thought of is to put and very small cylinder/sphere in the assy model that I could dimension to, but this is my last resort

why not create a point in the assembly with the dimensions that you have. And dimension that point in the drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back