Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Chinese font support

rnd_doss

folks,

I justtried to enable chinese font support in standard proe but the result was unsucessfull.

1) Installed a ProE with Chinese language as additional language

2) Set the env varaible as PRO_LANG=CHINESE_CN

While running ProE that throws attached text in the message area.

Pro/ENGINEER could not initialize the specified locale "CHINESE_CN" and has reverted to running in English.
Please check the locale settings before re-launching Pro/ENGINEER.

Could you please someone help on this request if possible ?

Thanks.

Set the env variable as PRO_LANG=CHT for traditional Chinese, and PRO_LANG=CHS for simplified Chinese.

You should set the following config.pro options to "Yes" for Chinese GUI.
dialog_translation
help_translation
menu_translation
msg_translation

If you just need the Chinese font support, these options are set "NO". Then you will have English GUI but you can still enter Chinese.

Check your Proe license too, I know the foundation ADV does not include the Chinese language support, you need to have "CHINESE_TRANSLATION" license Extension.

Traditional Chinese is not compatible with Simplified Chinese in Proe, and vica versa. When you read the drawing containing Simplifed Chinese, but you set PRO_LANG=CHT, the text is either random ASCII or random Chinese characters.

Thanks Zeta,

I had tested it. It seems our license file does not have "translation" feature. We are on the process to get it done. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back