Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Checkout preferences - Ilink 3.4

harichennai

Hi,

I use Ilink 3.4 (M060)

I want to make all the library parts as "read only" after check out to workspace.

I have tried the option in Preferences ->Checkout->Automatic Status Checking->Without Checkin Authorisation - > Read only.

It works, but the problem is that I cannot make this option for only the objects from a specific folder (Here the Root-Library folder).

It applies to all objects for which I dont have the check in rights (for eg., Released objects, Other folders outisde my group). I dont need this. I want to restrict this behaviour only for the folder Root->Library.

Is that possible? Any triggers can be used?

How is this handled in youyr company?

I do not think it is possible for only some folders.
I set read only for all objects where the user do not have check in access (without changing releaselevel)
For library folder only admins are able to check in in all release levels.
To set read only is just a help for the users. They can any time change the status "read only" because it is a workspace status.
A big benefit of read only is that user do not by a mistake modify some objects they do not have intent to change.
If I was you I would set read only for all files wher user do not have access to check in (in current release level) and for all objects with check in access set CS "lock object"

thanks Jnoval,

Iam going to implement the setting for the objects for which the user has no checkin rights.

I assume this will apply to

1. Library objects

2. Objects in RELEASED

3. Objects in other folders..

thanks

Hari

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back