Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Changing working directory in PRO_E

dimitardw

Heloo All,

When I start PRO_E my default Working dir is "PTCWorkD_WF".
Now I want to change it, to other,but not manualy every time,and when I open a new session,automaticaly to go to other working dir.
I try something in config.pro,but without result.Is there any chance to DO this?
Thank you.

Right click no the icon that you use to start Pro|E and set the 'Start In' field to the directory that you want to use.

Be aware, though, that if there any config files in "PTCWorkD_WF" that are loading at start up, they will no longer load if you change the start in folder to another directory.

Hi dgs,

Thank you very much for your advise.Now I heve what I want!!!

I also copy/paste the "config.pro" and other configuration files in my new directory,and everything is OK>!

Thanks again!

That's great, glad I could help.

Since you found config files there, you should check with your Pro|E admin just to make sure you're not bypassing the company setup. There are waysto automate this using a trail file, but it's more complicated. I can walk you through it if needed.

If those are just your personal config files, you're likely OK. I'd check with them anyway though. Speaking as an admin, the setup is there for two reasons. The primary reason is to make Pro|E work better & more consistently for everyone. The secondary reason is to make it easier for the admin guy to administrate. That makes achieving the first easier and more successful.

HI

You are right about the place of the config files,but fortunately I am using personal config files,which in this case is OK.

Actually I am a new user in PRO_E.

I started to learn and use a product since february this year.

Of course it is normal to have not a few questions,but more or less I try to read and exercise some tutorials in official site of PTC.

I am faced with some difficultes in"heal of geometry" from imported STEP,or IGES files,but I know it needs alot of practis.

I will be glad if you point me some links and tutorials with "surface modeling" and "healing of geometry" for imported files.

Itakeevery advise in "PRO_E space"!
smiley1.gif

Thanks!

Just an advice.

Post topics related to surfacing and healing of geometry to Modeling forum as separate topics (not to CAD administration forum).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back